MailChimp and Google Maps not working

This plugin is not working with my theme, I tried network active, or just stand alone activate, and no luck.

If you could get back to me on how to make it work, it would be highly appreciated.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Harvey,

Hope you're doing well today!

What are you trying to do with Google maps that isn't working exactly? Are you getting any errors? This will help us find the issue :slight_smile:

Also, it appears your theme is a premium one, would you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look at what is happening?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• HarveyNewman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler, thanks ever so much for the quick response, this is my first ticket here on WPMUDEV, I heard great things about your guys, and so far, all is proven true, including customer service.

I have two problems really...Google Maps and Mail Chimp.

The Maps Plugin, I can activate, and see the settings....unfortunately I can't see the button on the Post Editor, which grants easy access to Shortcodes.

The Mail Chimp plugin, after activing it, nothing really shows the Wordpress plugins or setting sidebar, not in Widgets either, and theres no way to configure it.

My theme is not a WPMUDEV would you still like access, I can quickly create a temporary admin account.

Many Thanks in advance

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Harvey,

Thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:

Yes, access would be helpful then I can take a look and troubleshoot why it isn't working properly as it is still working as expected on my sandbox.

The easiest way to grant access for us is through our WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Like this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

That way you don't have to create us an account or anything, just securely lets us login through the dashboard and that access is only open for 3 days :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• HarveyNewman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wow, this is crazy good....so it's that easy to get support? Very impressive.

I've just granted support through WPMU as you requested. Feel free to have a look whenever you have a second.
    This website is still under construction, and it's a sandbox for our usual website that will soon get a revamp. :wink:

Thanks and looking forward to your thoughts about this issue.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Harvey,

Thanks for your patience here :slight_smile:

I've been looking into this and it does look like it could be a plugin/theme conflict situation. Have you tried temporarily swapping to the default 2015 theme on your main site and see if you are still experiencing the issues? Just so we can narrow it down.

Then you could also try deactivating all other plugins to see if it works then. If you would like me to help with that, then just send in your FTP, this allows me to plugin test faster and more safely.

You can send that privately through our contact form:

Select "I have a different question".

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. A quicker way to plugin test google maps would be to create a new fresh subsite and only activate google maps on it, doesn't look like you have many network activated plugins. I wasn't sure if you were okay with me creating a new subsite so I didn't do this while I was logged in.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Harvey,

Thanks for sending those in :slight_smile:

I checked out your site and it looks like UserPro plugin is the issue here. When activate it is giving this Js error:

Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #s2id_restrict_roles[]
    http://domain.co/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,plupload,json2,jquery-ui-dra&load%5B%5D=ggable,jquery-ui-droppable&ver=4.1.1
    Line 2

(replaced your domain name in error with "domain" for privacy)

You can see this in the java console when it is active. This would be best to ask the UserPro developer about as they will be more familiar with their plugin and what could be causing this.

As for the Infinite SEO issue. It worked when all plugins were deactivated, so it also appears to be plugin related; however, it was still slow loading. Do you have any errors in your cPanel error log?

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I left my subsite up so you can see Google Maps working correctly there too, but feel free to delete that if you don't need to see it.

• HarveyNewman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler, apologies for the late reply.

I had our coder look at the backend of the site, and the Google Maps plugin is now working...turns out the issue was with the version of Userpro I had installed, and since then, there was an update..after updating...voila all is well.

I am still not sure if there's a problem...we host with Mediatemple and they use plesk. I will let you know as soon as I know.

Do you guys do support, when it comes to site migration...we want to eventually move all the changes to our main site thewordisbond.com but leave the database, posts, links etc. Just the new look really...and I was wondering if there's an easy way to do this without having to, replicate manually all the changes I've done on wordisbond.co?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.