MailChimp API not working with Membership2 anymore

When I was looking through some backend stuff, I noticed that Mailchimp seems to be broken, and the API not working. I clicked the link to get a new API, logged into Mailchimp, and proceeded to get 2 new APIs, none of the 3 worked.

I clicked on logs and see:

[March 7, 2017 12:56 am] [CODE:503] – Unknown error, call getLastResponse() to find out what happened.

[March 7, 2017 12:56 am] [CODE:503] – Unknown error, call getLastResponse() to find out what happened.

but I have no idea what any of that means or how to fix it…

I looked and saw someone else had the problem, but his solution seemed to involve a lot of code that I had no idea what it was. Either that or it was written in a foreign language…

thank you

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Brian,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

You are referring to MailChimp Integration plugin settings, is that correct?

Or are you also using MailChimp integration from M2?

Can you provide me a URL of the thread you were looking at with the similar issue?

Also, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Brian,

Issue in thread you linked seems to be specific to server settings so this most likely not related to your issue.

I actually did some tests on your site and I must say that I’m not clear what the issue is here…

First thing is to determine what exactly are you trying to configure, MailChimp Integration plugin is configured under Settings > MailChimp plugin, this plugin has logs so I’m guessing that’s what you were using?

Or were you configuring Membership 2 Mailchimp integration, this one is configured from Membership 2 > Settings > MailChimp panel?

Also, I tested M2 registration on your site with auto opt-in in M2 disabled and after I created new account on your site and I got an email to confirm my subscription for mailchimp.

It seems like this is working fine so could you tell me what exactly is not working for you?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Brian
    • Flash Drive

Perhaps I just got scared at a scary message… It said “API Failed”, in big red letters… Now the letters are in green saying Passed… I don’t have a clue, but let’s just say you fixed the problem. maybe just temporary server glitch,

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.