[MailChimp Integration] MailChimp Sync deleting profiles

Hi
We see a few mailchimp profiles were unsubscribed with the message "admin action" since we installed the mailchimp sync plugin. According to mailchimp this is coming via API. Could this be done by your plugin?, doe sit have such feature? or should we seek into something else?.
Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Joan

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

With default MailChimp settings what happens automatically is when user registers on your site, he/she is added to a selected list.

if you got some webhooks setup additionally, it can also go the other way - if somebody subscribes to the MailChimp list directly, he/she can be added to the site as a user.

In both cases, nobody should be removed from MailChimp list, however, if you have used plugin's "Import" tool that might actually remove (or rather unsubscribe) some users from the MailChimp list - e.g. if a user account has been deleted on your site.

The other possible case would be if there's some additional tool/plugin interacting with your MailChimp and being in some "not discovered yet" conflict with our plugin, which in turn could result in such issues. Though I must admin I didn't came across similar reports yet.

Does the MailChimp Integration log say anything? You can check it on "Settings -> MailChimp -Logs" page. Also, do you have any other MailChimp related tools/plugins installed on site?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.