Mailchimp list generating error on signup

Hi, my new users are seeing the following error as they sign up (see screenshot). My Mailchimp settings are also attached as a screenshot.

How do I ensure these error messages are hidden?

• aecnu

Greetings indietravel,

There are a couple ways to accomplish this, one can be resolved by turning off php warning messages in the php.ini file.

Due to the fact that I do not know your php version or your hosting configuration, you may want to contact your web host to see about turning the warning features off.

Second, to completely turn off error or warning messages on certain web pages you can use the function error_reporting(0); in between the "<?php" "?>" brackets of the pages php code, in this case I believe in the mail chimp plugin php pages should do the trick.
    example:

<?php
    error_reporting(0);
    regular mail chimp plugin php code
    ?>

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Ken J

I am seeing the exact same thing, and no, these users are not already subscribed. It is happening when I try to add a user to a client site (subdomain in multisite), using Pro Sites. It is not occurring when I add a user to the root site only.

My deduction is therefore that the act of adding them to the client site, which also automatically adds them to the root site (I think by Wordpress default), is trying to add them to the MailChimp list twice.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Ken J,

Thank you for that additional input, it is indeed greatly appreciated.

You truly may be on to something if it is trying to double subscribe them, but are they subscribed at all?

Can one of you guys please test this without using auto opt-in and post the results here?

To see if it makes any difference at all?

I would have happily called in the lead developer for advice on this but he is currently on vacation until July 10th, so I have been trying to help resolve this the best that I can.

Please advise if by any chance that auto optin off gives us any results.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Ken J,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe