Well I logged into my admin and saw that your mailchimp plugin had been updated. Not thinking I simply updated it only to realise that this would add the name fields back on the widget form. Perhaps I thought that they have made it an option to remove these in the settings.......eh no.....bummer again!
Anyway as I'd updated it I thought I'd check it so I stuck in an email and hit the button. Got the success message. Went to mailchimp admin and...nowt, the emails was not added via the widget. I tested the import, that works and users are added on registering fine. But the widget does not seem to be working. All settings are fine and remain unchanged, everything synced etc.
Is this the update thats bust or could this have been going on for ages. If so Ive been missing out on a bundle of emails.