Main blog vs Sub blog users

Hi,

I'm new to WPMU and am finding the user registrations confusing. I have tried searching the forum and am more confused. So, I'll ask my question here.

1. When a user signs up on the main blog as a user, they are added as a main blog subscriber, yes?

2. When a user signs up for a user account on a sub blog, are they also added as a main blog subscriber?

3. I've read the post here:https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/adding-all-new-users-to-main-blog#post-12410
Does this mean that if I create a blog for an existing main blog user, they are no longer a main blog subscriber?

I'm a bit confused. Essentially, here's what I want to happen.

- Anyone who signs up on the main blog are added as users of the main blog.
- Anyone who signs up on the sub blog are added as users of both the sub blog AND the main blog.

Does WPMU currently work this way?

~ Lina.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

When a user signs up on the main blog as a user, they are added as a main blog subscriber, yes?

Correct.

2. When a user signs up for a user account on a sub blog, are they also added as a main blog subscriber?

If a user signs up creating a new blog in the process they will not be added to the main blog.

3. I've read the post here:https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/adding-all-new-users-to-main-blog#post-12410
    Does this mean that if I create a blog for an existing main blog user, they are no longer a main blog subscriber?

Correct.

Does WPMU currently work this way?

I'm afraid not. There are solutions that have been discussed here in the forums to make sure that all users are added as subscribers to the main blog.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Bina Omar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Here's the current setup that I have. I have only allowed usernames to be created. Any new blogs are created manually by main blog admin.

Here's what I'd like to happen:
    - All users who register on main OR sub blog will be added as main blog suscribers
    - For sub blogs that are created manually for an existing main blog subscriber, they will now become main blog contributors.

After reading a bit only, here's the plugin that I came up with. As this is my first plugin, can you check and see if it's correct and will work.

<?php

function ds_new_user_meta($blog_id, $user_id) {
    add_user_to_blog('1', $user_id, 'subscriber' );
    }
    add_action( 'wpmu_new_user', 'ds_new_user_meta', 10, 2);

function ds_new_supporter($blog_id,$user_id) {
    add_user_to_blog('1', $user_id, 'contributor' );
    }
    add_action( 'wpmu_new_blog', 'ds_new_supporter', 10, 2 );

?>

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

Sorry to up that I have an "almost" reverse question and dont manage to find the answer (i must use the wrong keywords searh, sorry I am frenc :wink: )

- Sure there is a plugin to do that but not found yet :

When a user is "subscriber" on the main blog, how to :

- Allow him to create a blog from his dashboard ???
    - KEEP him as subscriber on the main blog AFTER blog creation ?

Could you tell us wich plugin you found ?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.