Main menu items with child items not working properly

Hello,

Main menu items with drop-down/child items on my account's C******F***E******.com site has recently stopped working properly. Not sure when exactly this problem began (possibly with recent WP core update, but this is pure speculation).

Plugin conflict test rendered no useful insight.

Can you please look into this?

I have granted support access. Please use Cloner to clone main site and pefform tests and make changes there and not on main/live site.

Thank you.

Clyde

• Nithin

Hi Clyde Sebastian,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I created a cloned subsite, but the menus work fine in that setup without any issue. However, the theme color does seem to be different after cloning which I'm not sure about why.

Now, only way to troubleshoot would be to check the main site, and see what could be causing this specific issue. For that the 1st procedure would be to disable all the plugins, so that we could work on your site, and have a better idea about this issue.

If aren't comfortable with disabling the plugin, and if the cloned site doesn't throws any errors, easiest option would be, to clone the subsite back to the main site, and configure the site according to your requirements. However, always take a backup before performing such tasks.

Please do let us know if you would like us to troubleshoot this issue further, by deactivating the plugins. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Clyde W.

Thank you for your work, Nithin.

It seems that when you cloned the main site, many (if not all) of the settings from Appearance > Theme options did not get copied and are just the defaults.

In the cloned site, I activated all the same plugins as in the main site. And as your experience showed, the menus work fine.

As I mentioned in the original post in this ticket, I took the site offline for a little while before posting the ticket and performed a plugin conflict test which did not identify the problem.

Is there a way you can go into the main site to investigate without activating/deactivating plugins?

Please let me know. Thanks!

• Nithin

Hi Clyde Sebastian,

I cloned the site again(wpmutwo), and now it seems to have successfully performed a clone of your primary site. However, when I added a new sub menu item, the menu seems to work fine. All the settings, and the plugin settings seems to look same.

Could you please give a closer look at the cloned site, and see whether you notice any difference when compared to the main site?

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.