main page,comments

Is there any way to pull a comment count to the main page from individual posts pull through? Or at the very least not report that the comments are off?

• Kimberly

kwildmoon

HI and Welcome to the WPMUdev community!

Is there any way to pull a comment count to the main page from individual posts pull through?

I'm afraid I will have to ask for a bit more clarification on this. Are you looking for a comment count to be placed next to a link? Or included in a theme design?

Or at the very least not report that the comments are off?

To remove the text form below the post you can go into your theme files and open your single.php file

Find the following code:<?php comments_template(); ?> and remove it.

You'll probably need to also find a portion of code referring to the Comments Closed text, depending on your theme. comments.php, single.php, loop-single.php, it can be any of these, just do a text search for "comments" and mark out the appropriate line.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly

Yes, that does make more sense :slight_smile: Are you using our theme or plugin? It would be much easier for me to give you specific advice if I could try it myself.

If not, then you would have to find and reference that bit of code that calls the comment count and use it in the plugin or widget or theme file that lists the posts from other sites, I know that is vague but with nothing to actually look at it's hard for me to give specific references.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.