Main site and subsite urls.

Contact forms ( from contact form 7). When I get an email from a contact form, some say they come from mainsite/subsite.com. Other's come from subsite.com. On one of my other MU installations, they all come from subsite.com (various subsites). On other installations, it's a mixture of both. Also, I noticed on Twitter, some images I post from the sites show a url of mainsite/subsite.com I think they are posted the with SNAP plugin. I know these are not WPMUDev plugins, but hopefully you know the multisite settings, or whatever, that causes these. I would like for everything to just show subsite.com. Thanks, Jill

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jill

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let's go through this "step by step", starting with the e-mail issues, ok?

You mentioned multiple installations:

- are they on the same or different servers?
    - are there significant differences in configuration between them, mostly like CF7 being network-enabled vs. separately enabled on each sub-site?
    - are you using any SMTP plugin on any of these installs?

Basically, the Contact Form 7 is quite "unsensitive" and the main thing to configure here is in fact "From" setting in form configuration. So, when you're creating a form to be used on a sub-site, you just need to switch to "From" tab and make sure that the "From" field contains proper e-mail there. However, depending on a site/server configuration this sometimes might get "force overwritten", hence my questions above.

Also, would you mind enabling support access to the affected multisite and point me to some sub-sites in question (that are sending "wrong" mails)? To enable support access go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let me know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.