Main site on reseller account redirecting to wpmu site

Hi;

First of all; great site, great service. I’m glad to be a part of this community here!

I recently started using your domain mapping plugin and just today I realized that the main site on my reseller account was also resolving to the site where I’m using wpmu and the plugin.

Let me explain. I have a reseller account under which I host many wordpress sites each having their own cpanels (no subdomain or add on hostings). I set up wpmu on one of those sites, got the dedicated ip, installed your plugin, added A records to two sites at the registrar for testing and it all worked fine at first shot. However, an hour ago I found out that the main site for my reseller account was resolving to the wpmu site although no domain mapping was done and no A record changes were made. For your info, when the address is typed in the browser, it redirects to the wpmu site sign up page with the site name added to the url as a parameter. This is no big deal as I can simply host the root site under the wpmu site as well and all will be fixed. So this is more out of curiosity..I suspect it has to do with the domain mapping code (no finger pointing, just a note).

If anyone has any ideas why this may be happening, please let me know.

Thanks !

KP

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

I’m a little unclear of your exact set up.

Are you hosting multiple sites in one directory on your reseller domain? Or do you have WPMU set up in a subdomain? – neither of those are meant to happen, and can cause weird glitches, especially in things like .htaccess

• kpince
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi;

You said:

Are you hosting multiple sites in one directory on your reseller domain?

It’s a reseller account each domain having their own cpanel.

Or do you have WPMU set up in a subdomain?

No, it’s not set up in a subdomain. It has its own cpanel like the other domains and it’s own dedicated ip.

I just checked ip’s for the domains. The reseller account site’s ip is different as it should be. Nevertheless, it redirects to the wpmu installation. It may have something to do with the way the reseller account and the domains hosted on it are organized on the shared server.

No big deal as I said..

Thanks for the reply.

KP

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya KP,

I’m struggling to understand your setup without knowing the IPs and web addresses but it sounds like this is something you might want to consult your hosts about to help you sort through as they’ll be able to look at your specific set up with you, too.

Cheers!

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.