Main site storage space maxed out no matter what I set it to

I am unable to upload any more images to the media library of my main site, because I'm out of space. But I've gone repeatedly to Network Settings and played with the upload limit for the site. Currently it's set to 10,000 MB. I'm still getting a message that my upload max is the network default of 50 MB. This is a new issue, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

• Sajid

Hi @williamkowalski,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I could successfully increase the upload space quota to 20,000 MB and it worked fine for me as seen in attached screenshot.

If you are unable to increase the upload space quota more than a certain amount then it must be your server limitation. Please contact your hosting to increase the limit.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Panos

Hello @williamkowalski,
    Hope you had a nice weekend!

I also tried to replicate this but it seems to be working as expected in all of my testing installations. When you set an amount at the "Site Upload Space Quota" option in a sub-site's settings as a Super admin and save, does this value remain in this field when you return there, after saving?

In either case, it is possible that a plugin might be blocking this operation. You could try and deactivate all your plugins and see if this stops happening.

If you need further assistance on this could you please grant support access so we can have a closer look?

Thanks,
    Panos

• William Kowalski

Hi @panoskatws

When you set an amount at the "Site Upload Space Quota" option in a sub-site's settings as a Super admin and save, does this value remain in this field when you return there, after saving?

No, it does not. In a test site, as superadmin, I changed the Site Upload Space quota to 225 MB, but the available storage still reads 200 MB, which is what it has been assigned through the Pro Sites Settings -> Upload Quotas feature.

I feel stupid for not having made this connection before, but clearly what is happening is that the Pro Sites Upload Quota setting is overriding the network's Site Upload Space Quota. I feel that this should not be the case, since one is a plugin and the other is a system setting. My opinion is that the system setting should override the plugin, but maybe you disagree?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.