main site stuck to 3mb upload limit

I am having issues with upload limits, I have pro sites set but my main site seems now to be adopting the free site 3mb limit

How remove my main site and network admin from this limit?

have tried all kinds of settings, tried making it a high level site but don't really want that as there is unlimited space on the server.

am a bit stuck with this one.

thanks

Kind Regards

JT

• John Taylor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi Vaughan,

Settings are fine, the free level for sub sites is set at 3mb, in my dashboard on main site it says i have 10k plus mb but still its frozen at 3mb (free level limit) when I try to upload a media file or plugin.

, its something to do with pro sites as NOTE: " it was fine before. "

My partner made our made site a pro site, then removed it, since then the issue.

Any ideas?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry for the delay.

let me just try and get this straight.

your upload limit in network settings is 10Mb.

your partner then made your main site into a pro-site. which gave it a 3mb limit?

since then you have completely removed your main site as a pro-site? by using the manage pro-sites function and clicking remove pro site status.

except the limit is still imposed even though your site is no longer a pro-site?

is this correct? i'm just trying to figure out your methods, so i can try and replicate them on my test server.

thanks.

• John Taylor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi again,

network settings are 3mb not changed

dashboard on main site there for blog 1 states 10k plus but still can not upload more than 3mb.

If we change the 3mb it will mean that all free site users will be able to exceed upload of pro sites so not useful.

The network settings have never been changed only that main site was made pro site and then removed.

thanks

JT

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry for the delay.

if you just hit the remove pro-sites status i don't think that resets it back to being a non pro site. it just cancels all their pro-site levels.

however you can reset this by editing the DB using phpmyadmin

in table wp_pro_sites

delete the row which has your main site blog id, usually 1.

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.