Main Storefront Checkout with Global Checkout Enabled

I'm trying to get have Global Checkout that only checks out from the main storefront like on Amazon. Currently, what ever product I added to the cart last will also be the store from which I will be checking out from. Please help.

• Alexander

Hi @Erskin,

This is how Global Checkout works in MarketPress. It will use the checkout page for the final store, but still record the orders across the network. I'm sorry there isn't a way to redirect to the main site to checkout without some custom coding.

However, I see how this could be a good feature.
    I will move this to Features & Feedback though so we can see what other community members think, and so it can be considered for future development.

If this is something you need right away, it would take some custom development. We don't undertake custom work at WPMU DEV, but if you need to hire a developer, I'd strongly recommend checking our our job boards:

Best regards,

• Juliette

Hi Alexander, this is Erskin but after this message it will be Juliette as she is taken over this account in my place. Thank for you response. Out of curiosity (before I go)... though Global Checkout is enabled on our site there seemed to still be an error that almost suggested that the individual stores needed their own PayPal settings enabled. Which doesn't sound right at all. My understanding is that only the main store front would need to have the PayPal setting enabled. If that's accurate some settings might need to be checked again.

Thanks for the suggestion and I look forward to seeing that Global Checkout feature being an option for the main storefront to handle. I think the community will respond very positively to that update. Cheers!

• Alexander

Hi @Juliette,

Yes, it is correct that each site needs it's own PayPal email address.

The Global Cart feature works by allowing customers to checkout one time - even if products are from different stores on the network.

Once the customer pays, MarketPress will split their payment across all of the store owners. This allows everyone to get paid for the product purchased, but the user doesn't need to do multiple checkouts.

Best regards,

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya @Delphino,

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original thread starter

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

If the current thread is relevant then please feel free to link back to this in your new one.

You can start a new thread here:

Thanks for your understanding here.

Kind Regards