Mainsite included in the New Blog Template.

Hi.
When I make a new blog in "New Blog Template" the main site is included in the users blog when he registre. So he has his own site and my (super admins) main site. But just with a lite dashboard for the main site.

I don't know where the problem is ?

Best, Tim

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Alkamus

Oh I see what you mean now :slight_smile:

That is actually default WordPress behavior, and has nothing to do with New Blog Templates.

Whenever a user registers on your multisite installation, whether they create a sub-site or not, they automatically have access to the wp-admin of your main site. That is usually limited to only the dashboard and their profile though, unless you give them access to other areas.

If they do create their own sub-site, that is added to the "My Sites" menu.

• Tim
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Patrick.

Before the latest WP update I didn't had this problem. Is it a new thing in the new version. Can I disable it somewhere? I think it looks a little unprofessionel that the user has two sites under "My sites" menu.
    I can delete the user from the main site but find it a little bit odd.

So there's nothing to do?

Best, Tim

• Tim
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Patrick.

I'm a little frustrated that the new website user in my network can se the maik site. At the moment they can change all in the products-menu, change the header, edti in my media-files. How can I disable this? What is the meaning with this funktion. It seems very not usefull.

Please help with a solution on this topic.

Best, Tim

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Alkamus

I hope you had a good weekend!

At the moment they can change all in the products-menu, change the header, edti in my media-files.

That is not default WordPress behavior. Sub-site admins should not have to all that. As I mentioned above, they should only have access to the dashboard and their profile on your main site. That's it.

If they have access to additional functions in your main site admin, there must be a plugin or other script allowing that.

Do you have any plugins active on your site that modify user capabilities?

If not, you can try adding the following code to your main site theme's functions.php file to restrict access to the super-admin only (you):

function prevent_admin_access()
        {
        if ( false !== strpos( strtolower( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ), '/wp-admin' ) && !current_user_can( 'install_plugins' ) )
        wp_redirect( home_url() );
        }
        add_action( 'init', 'prevent_admin_access', 0 );
  • Tim
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Patrick.

As you asked:
    "Do you have any plugins active on your site that modify user capabilities?"

I have a "Menu Editor Pro" plugin and with a little ajustments in the "Subscriber" role, the new users have only access to the dashboard and profile.

Thanks for your patience.

Best, Tim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.