I have looked at a lot of posts (over a year old) and I am still getting the same issues with Membership and BuddyPress.
Can someone CLEARLY explain how the two are meant to operate together.
1. Registration process - Is one plug-in predominant or do they work together? - it is NOT clear.
2. Renew Subsription buttons missing.
4. Pages from both plugins are CALLED the SAME THING - so you have no idea what plug in it belongs to.
5. Lack of up to date information in the manual and old queries (depressing to see the same issues cropping up a year ago).
The Registration pages generated by these two are fighting - What is the right way to do it?????
Some answers to queries say to disable BuddyPress and let Membership handle it. Other answers say just the opposite. None of this is in the Manual (yes I have read it and downloaded it for Membership and this is not addressed in it).
I have both plugins installed and it is creating a major headache.
I have to nominate the Register page for each plug in (I was thinking I just had one page but discovered that there is the one I have on the WP website (a page called Register) and another "hidden" one is there as well.)
2. The Renew Subscription page I created lists the different subscriptions BUT THERE ARE NO BUTTONS TO CLICK ON TO RENEW. It justs lists the subscriptions.
3. A tester had trouble registering and there are clearly 3 different emails in the admin screen saying it is active, yet they could not register. WHAT is going on?
Can someone look at my site and set it up (Vinod, PC and a few others have the details sent previously - site is http://www.publicaffairsrecruitment.com.au/wordpress.
4. I am back to square one - I am having trouble working out what pages belong to BP and what to Membership (why? There is a Members page in BP which is related to BP NOT the Membership plugin. There are TWO Register pages. There are TWO Activate pages (both are "hidden pages" but they show up in the list when you are in admin allocating pages in BP or Membership which is the only reason I know they are there as they don't show up on Pages when you go through them.
5. Why do you have to read all the previous issues (some from a long time ago) - why aren't the issues fixed or something put into the (updated -hint) manual to cover them off instead of discovering people have the same irritation over 12 months ago????
Most of the questions end with "as we haven't heard from you we are closing off this as resolved". Has it occurred to WPMU Dev that people are so FRUSTRATED they are leaving, and that is why there is no more correspondence ??? I am (just) persevering even tho' this is swallowing too much of my time as I need a functional website and the amount of time I go around in circles trying to figure things out is driving me nuts.
For the book: These hidden pages created by the plugins are also driving me nuts as you can't tell half the time what is being created so you can't tell what is giving you trouble!!!!! It would be better is SOMEHOW WP listed all the pages you create as well as all the ones each plug in creates and somehow indicates which ones are editable and which are not (ie are created on the fly by the software). It is too confusing.
Thanks if someone can help out quickly.