Major problem with copying event posts

For some reason when I copy the event post using duplicate post plugin it now includes all the old event times even though I change the repeating dates. Anyone know why it is not following the new dates saved? Here are some screen shots.
Any ideas of how to fix this? I have granted access
thanks,
matt

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mattbkelly,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've tried to access your site using a staff access you've granted but I keep getting an "invalid token" error. This usually can be resolved by re-granting or extending the access, so could you please do it?

I suppose that the issue has something to do with post revisions but I'd like to take a closer look at your setup if this is possible!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mattbkelly!

I've checked your site and I can confirm the issue. I've also checked the Duplicate Post docs and it seems the issue here is that it does not support copying data that's stored in non-standard wordpress tables. Actually, Events+ plugin does use a custom post type but I'm pretty sure that this is a culprit here because I've also found that there were some problems reported on plugin's forum in relation to custom post types.

Also, according to the description this plugin is compatible up to 3.8.8.8 WordPress version.

That said, I think you may want to give this plugin a try instead:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/

I didn't have a chance to test it yet but according to its description it should be able to handle posts of custom type and is also compatible with the recent WP release.

Let me know if it worked for you, please!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

That one gives me an error and then If you go back to events it does copy the post but the old dates stay with the new post as well. That is the problem I am having. I just did a test. I created a recurring event from sunday to wednesday on a per week bases and published it. Then I went back into that event and changed the dates from 12-16 to 19-23rd. It kept the old dates in the events instances. This is a problem with Events and not the duplicator. here is the demo event post: http://umichiganpoker.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=14382&action=edit
    thanks,
    matt

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the additional info, I did some testing on my installation following the steps provided and using duplicate post plugin you were using first.
    After I duplicated the post and changed the dates on new post the Edit Instance dates got updated as well, see screenshots attached below, first is the original post and the second is duplicated post.
    Please let me know if this is what you are trying to do and if I missed anything.

I tried accessing the link above but support access is granted to different site on your list, I guess it's regarding some other thread, could you grant access to site in question so we can test this on your end.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the long delay on this one, I was away for few days.

I have checked your site and it looks like there is some kind of plugin conflict on your site, I wasn't able to publish new post and for duplicated old post I was unable to edit instances.

Could you try disabling all the other plugins and leave only Events+ and duplicator active to see if it working after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

It looks like the access token is invalid and I couldn't access your site, unfortunately this happens sometimes and is usually fixed by revoking access and then granting it again, so could you please do that for me?

And just to clear things up, you have created event that has sunday in the repeating week, duplicate the post and change the dates to something in future, but the old sunday dates are still there?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mattbkelly,

I've accessed your site again to take a look at an example events. I've setup the same event on my sandbox (Krazy Kops) with the same dates and configuration but no matter what I did, I was able to copy duplicate the event properly and also set dates.

That being said, I'm thinking that either I'm still missing something here or this is a bug. Could you please give me an exact step by step instruction on how to replicate the issue on my end, starting from new event creation?

This would greatly help me in testing the issue and various case scenarios, as well as would be of great help in case I'd have to ask our 2nd-line support team for help (if it turns out to be a bug).

Thanks!
    Adam

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Sorry, It took my awhile. I forgot about the problem until my client reminded me. So here is what happens:
    1- select a event that has reacting days (usually just 4 days in a row)
    2 - Check the edit insidences dates (they should be all the dates in the deleted range)
    3- Save copy as New Draft (near publish botton)
    4 - Publish it
    4- check the edit incidences dates - there now is an extra date added (I think that is is awlays the privies Sunday)

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the step by step instructions but I'm still unable to replicate this, as you can see in your admin section there are two new events created, one is original and one is copy created following the steps above.
    However I did see one event before the creation date and checked with the developers about this, it seems that the calculation is complicated and it can happen sometimes that one event from past date is created.

So it's not actually issue with post copier, it's related to the dates used on for event.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mattbkelly
    • WordPress Warrior

Is how would I best copy an event but just change a few thing in the text and the new reoccurring dates?
    Should I use a different plugin? Is there a fix for this one? Should I not be using events at all to accomplish the release of this info? The thing I am trying to accomplish is to inform people of when there is a charity poker game. The 7 poker rooms usually have the same times and days and game type every week, but the thing that changes is what charity is hosting the evening.

Should I use something else to accomplish this?

I will need it to be in a calendar format either weekly or monthly.

Any ideas?

thank you,
    Matt

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matt,

Are you having any other issues when copying even besides the one additional date being added before the first event?

When additional event is added you can simply go to edit that instance and remove it from your recurring event.

You should be able to accomplish other things with these two plugins without any issues.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.