Major problems - all my banner adverts have disappeared from Blogs!

Hi, for some unknown reason we have looked at our site today and found that the Blog Directory has changed. It was previously a nice list with the user name on the left hand side, the blog name and the latest post and post date on the right hand side. All of this appeared on a nice list which meant all blogs could be seen in a list in one place.

However, it's now displaying on multiple pages and displays only the blog name. This is not good!

What has happened here and why has the appearance gone backward?

A second and more major problem has also occured (and we don't know why), where all our banner adverts have disappeared from our blog pages. They are visible on the home page but no where else. This is a major problem and we can see no reason why this has occurred.

Finally, we are unable to edit the Theme Options on ANY of our pages or blogs owing to what appears to be a conflict somewhere in the site - even if we deactivate ALL plugs, the Theme Options remain unactive.

Please help!

Thanks,

Stuart

• Philip John

Hiya Stuart,

Something must have changed with your site, so all we need to do is work through a process of elimination to find out what.

Can you confirm that you de-activated ALL plugins except Blogs Directory to see whether or not that changes anything?

Have you updated anything recently? WordPress? Plugins? Your theme? What version of WordPress are you using?

As you are having trouble with theme options I'd suggest reverting to the default theme and see if the blogs directory works okay then.

Such problems with the dashboard are often caused by Javascript conflicts in the theme.

Let me know how you get on...
    Phil

• Mason

Hiya,

Any update on this one?

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!