Make admin tips appear for longer

I’ve just installed the admin panels tips plugin, and set up a tip.

But this only displays for about 2 seconds when users view their dashboard- not long enough to even really notice it’s there, never mind read it.

Any idea how we can make it stay around?

Thanks,

Tim

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @tim

I hope you're having a great day!

The Admin Panel Tips should be persistent, and remain fixed on the users screen until they intentionally hide or dismiss them (screenshot).

There is no option, or functionality, in the plugin to adjust how long they display before disappearing.

So, if they are disappearing on your site, there is something else active there that is interfering with the display.

Have you implemented basic troubleshooting protocol as illustrated in the diagram at the bottom of this page?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If troubleshooting doesn't help pinpoint a conflict, and if you need more help with this, just post again and we'll jump in with you. :slight_smile:

• Tim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks.

I had tried disabling anything I thought could feasibly impact on the plugin, and had no success, but have now deactivated all (except the tips plug in of course!) and it now stays around.

It turns out the Add Multiple Users plug-in, AMU, I was using to bulk add users was making it vanish- I have no clue why this was, since AMU didn’t add anything to the dashboard!

But it’s fixed now- thanks!

Tim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.