Make an appointment for 24 hour time period

My client does children's themed parties. The party consists of costumes and other items.

She wants to convey to the client that it is a 24 hour rental period. I am having difficulty establishing that within the appointments.

What would be the best way to do this?

Or, how can I make it to be one appointment per day per service capacity?
Thank you, Ryan

• rdweitzman

Thanks Jack for getting back to me. I will send you an email.

I have activated support: Support access is ACTIVE until May 20, 2014 3:19 pm

My email to you will have all the requested info for login.

After talking with my client, a curve ball is coming your way. The client does party themes for childrens parties. (honeymuddevents.com, so you get an idea) She has two sets of each of the themes.

To decrease misunderstanding, the "User" is my clients "Client", hope that makes sense. Instead of doing the rental by time, can we do it by day? So that when the user goes to the calendar and clicks on the green day, we see that there is two available and not the times available. Then the user will click the green box off to the side and then go through the process of booking.

If this involves to much configuration/coding, just let me know. I will send you that information now. Ryan

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rdweitzman,

After looking into this further, it "seems" possible, but it would take some work:

-On the appointment form, change the "Date and time" field to just say "Date" (as well as removing the time code), & remove the "Lasts (approx)" field entirely. The function that governs this can be found in appointments.php in the root of the plugin, on line 1364 (the "Date and Time" part is on line 1393, the "Lasts (approx)" field is on line 1394).

-Remove the time displayed on the scheduler, and replace it with what you're looking to have it say (what would that be, if I may ask?). Depending on what you're wanting it to say though, the complexity may vary.

-Have the duration for each event be 360, so that way two of them show on the day. However, this would be mean that for each party type on each day, 2 of each type could be scheduled for a day.

I'd like to call my colleague @Jack Kitterhing back to this thread, as he's more experienced when it comes to these kinds of customizations. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• PC

Hello there Ryan,

Thanks for posting back. I hope you don't mind me chiming in.

Can you try setting the "Additional time base (minutes)" to 1440 >> Save Settings

Then Select Time base as >> 1440 from the dropdown and Save again.

Then go to Services and make sure the service duration is set to 1440

After that go to Service provider and select the working hours from 0000 to 0000 and save settings.

Then try and visit the appointments page and see if you are getting the desired results of one booking slot per calendar day.

It should look like the screenshot.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• rdweitzman

@ everyone, first thank you for the support. I do appreciate it.

I am running into some difficulty, I am not getting the results that I am looking for and I don't want to kick this to the side yet.

Please explain the best way to set this up. My scenario:
    There are two service providers. Each Service Provider has 4 different parties (Superhero, Garden, Pirate, Princess) that they will drop off in the a.m. and pick up in the p.m. The guest should be able to pick a Service and then click on the calendar and see two open slots. Choose one open and then go from there.

What is happening is that the service provider is booked and the other parties are un-bookable, leaving 3 parties available. The service provider is doing nothing more than dropping off and picking up.

I have tried several different ways and still cannot get this to work the way I want it to. At this point I have a angry client and I need to get this done.

Thank you Ryan

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rdweitzman,

My scenario:
    There are two service providers. Each Service Provider has 4 different parties (Superhero, Garden, Pirate, Princess) that they will drop off in the a.m. and pick up in the p.m. The guest should be able to pick a Service and then click on the calendar and see two open slots. Choose one open and then go from there.

I follow you up to this point. But...

What is happening is that the service provider is booked and the other parties are un-bookable, leaving 3 parties available.

I'm not sure what to make of this. The other parties are un-bookable, yet somehow 3 parties are available?

Could you elaborate on what's going on here? Also, could you enable Support Access again?

Regards,
    Michael

• rdweitzman

@ Michael,

Support is active until June 1.

The service provider does not stay with the party.

For example, the service provider does bounce houses. There are two service providers and each service provider has a set of 4 bounce houses (Superhero, Tea Party, Pirate, Princess).

The #1 service provider receives an order for Pirate and Princess. #1 Service provider then drops off each one, returning later that day to pick them up and collect final payment. While #2 Service Provider has orders to drop off Superhero, Tea and Pirate. #2 drops her orders off in the morning, returning that night to pick up the party and collect final payment. After collection, the items are cleaned and ready for the next day delivery.

Does this make sense? So instead of bounce houses, they are dropping off items for kids to have fun at a party.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Ryan

• rdweitzman

PC,
    A client can book 1 or multiple services.

But the likely scenario would be that the Service Provider would have multiple clients that only book 1 service for that day. The Service Provider then would drop that service off (Party) and then go and drop another service off (Another Party).

The Service is NOT CONNECTED to any one time, but rather day. The time of the service is not important. What is important is that the client chooses the Service type (Party type) to see if it is available. The availability should be 2 services for each day per party (4 party types), hence 8 slots for each day, again not tied to a Service Provider or Time Slot.

Does that help? May I call you? I feel that a simple call can help the confusion about what I am trying to accomplish.

Best, Ryan

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rdweitzman,

No worries, I think I understand what you're looking for now. :slight_smile:

Here's the thing. In order for this to work, you'll have to:

- Set up each party as it's own service (presently, I only see one service, when looking in the settings for Appointments+).

- Have two service providers available (I assume that they'd be the North and South locations in this case). You'll most likely create two users, and set them to be "dummy" providers.

- Assign the services to both providers (don't worry, the calendars for each will still be separate for each provider [i.e. North may be booked for a Pirate party on a Tuesday, but South will be available for booking that same type of party on that same Tuesday]).

- Give the user the ability to choose between the two locations on the appointments page. You'd be adding the [app_service_providers] shortcode to do this (unless you already have it on the page, like you do with the product pages).

If you're needing more help getting this set up, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rdweitzman,

After spending some time on this, I was able to get everything to show by doing the following:

- Recreated the "Make An Appointment" page, & copied the code from that page.

- Created new pages (to be used as appointment pages, one for each party type), and made them child pages of the "Make An Appointment" page.

- I took the code I copied earlier, and modified it to suit each appointment page created (removed [app_my_appointments] & [app_services], have it only schedule that service, changed the provider title to refer to locations, instead of providers, and changed the "No preference" text to say "Please, select").

Here's the code for the "Garden Tea Party" page:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_service_providers select="Please choose a location:" empty_option="Please, select"]</td>
    </tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [app_monthly_schedule service="7"]
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [app_pagination step="1" month="1"]
    </td>

</tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [app_login]
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [app_confirmation]
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [app_paypal]
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

- Changed the buttons on the description page for each party to link to the appropriate appointment page.

- Changed the duration of each service to "960".

- Set the working hours for both providers to be from 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (8 in the morning, until midnight).

- As a bonus, I removed the duration of the service by inserting the following in Simple Custom CSS:

.appointments-confirmation-wrapper .appointments-confirmation-end {
        display: none;
    }

Hope that helps, let me know if there's anything else you need! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.