Make Blogs appear on the "blog directory" only after a certain number of posts and remove

Hi,
I'm running a site with multisite and buddypress. My issue is that 90% of the blogs that are created stay empty, but they all appear on the "blogs" page (www.domain.com/blogs).
I would like to find a way to keep those empty blogs out of the list so users can browse more easily through the sites.
And eventually i'm looking for a way to remove those empty sites if they stay inactive too long.
I'm trying to find in the plugins but my searches didn't return anything interesting for now.
Thanks

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there, hope you are well! :slight_smile:

And eventually i'm looking for a way to remove those empty sites if they stay inactive too long.
    I'm trying to find in the plugins but my searches didn't return anything interesting for now.

For this you could add your feedback and request here:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/forums/148158-wpmu-dev-development-and-feature-requests/suggestions/2562754-multisite-wp-manager

I added in the comments the option for an optimiser.

The more votes, the more likely it is to be made. :wink:

I'm running a site with multisite and buddypress. My issue is that 90% of the blogs that are created stay empty, but they all appear on the "blogs" page (www.domain.com/blogs).

There is not currently an easy to do this.

You would need some custom code which would provide an argument. How would you asses this?

I know in a network I have, there are users whom never makes posts. They often set up their pages as a static site and leave them. Some occasionally log in and change the content.

How would you gauge an active site from an inactive one? What if the user sets it up but likes it that way and doesn't make a change for a year or two? Like the ole Anglefire sites.

Take care.

• herronelou

You would need some custom code which would provide an argument. How would you asses this?
    I know in a network I have, there are users whom never makes posts. They often set up their pages as a static site and leave them. Some occasionally log in and change the content.
    How would you gauge an active site from an inactive one? What if the user sets it up but likes it that way and doesn't make a change for a year or two? Like the ole Anglefire sites.

Well, these would be fine, i just want to get rid of those that doesn't even update the "hello world" post..
    If i could do that, it would reduce the number of blogs on my network from 160 to about 20..
    For now the rule that i apply is "delete blogs over 2 weeks old that haven't customized anything" but doing it by hand is just too much time consuming..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.