Make Cloner Work With Popular Builders such as Divi

Presently, when a site is "cloned", Cloner ignores all "custom" pages that are built with a builder such as Divi or Themify's Builder.

It would be nice if Cloner was intelligent enough to be able to dive into those custom pages created by these popular builders and also update URLs to images, links, and such.

• johnol

We had a site with customized Divi child theme. Many of the pages were Divi PageBuilder pages meaning they had custom layouts.

Cloner copied all the pages but failed to re-write the URLs within the Divi PageBuilder to the correct images. So images continued to reference their source location rather than the new cloned destination.

We had to edit each post by hand in order to correct this. Would have been nice if Cloner could have caught and handled these details.

(Cloner WAS able to re-write image URLs for all "standard" pages & posts... it just failed on anything that leveraged Builder.)

• Luís

Hi johnol ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, thanks for your patience here.

I tested this on my install and now I was able to replicate. Also, it will not replace images or full "URL's" when added inside the page/post content, it's not it's intent, Cloner just replace the image URL when added as "featured image" (Attachment).

As this is already under our Features and Feedback section, I am sure it will be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Meantime and to avoid a "manual" update of the URL's, I can suggest you to use a plugin like "Search & Replace":

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.