Make events' end date optional

Hola,

I'd like to use the Events+ plugin for the site of a concert promoter. Right now you have to enter a end date and time in order to add a new event.In most cases it's not clear when a concert will end, so I don't want to force my client to enter date and time. Is there a way to make enterting the end date optional?
I now it doesn't have to be displayed in the front end template, but I don't like to tell my client, "just enter anything, no-one will see it anyways".

Also I'd like to add a "doors open"-time. Are the events-and-bookings.php and eab-admin.js as well as the template all the files that need to be modified?

Thanks.
Manuel

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi superfreund,

What you are asking is not possible. You see, there are lots of functions relying on the end date of the event.

Regarding "doors open time", do you mean you want to add a variable text inside the event page mentioning the time say 2 hours before the event starts?

Cheers
    Hakan

• Manuel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Hakan,

I see...Thanks for your fast reply.

Is my additional "doors open"-field possible though? It should exactly do what you described. Is there an easy way to add an input field to the "Event details" metabox?

Best.
    Manuel

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

There are some Addons which are adding some input fields inside that metabox, but I have to say that they are not easy. Well, I know it because I wrote 7 of them (Not all of them released yet) :slight_smile:

You can request this as a feature like "A shortcode which displays current or selected event's starting or ending time with selectable time difference".

It is doable, but we make everything here depending on your votes. So we need some votes :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.