make friends in buddypress from wp-admin

Hello!

We need to make certain BP users friends in wp-admin, instead of them requesting and accepting friendship, we'd need to do this as admins. Do you know any plugin/way of doing so, without logging in as the user (not violating their privacy thus)?
Thanks!

• M.

Hi,

We've seen this plugin too, however, it's about automatic friends (i.e. Moderator Kate should be made friends will all new users).

We'd need (as blog admins), to create friendships between specific users: make 2 users friends, without the users needing to request/accept the friendship request.

The other (most desirable) option would be, to have a matching (just as Tinder) system: when a user marks another user as "like" or similar, and the other user does the same, a "match" will be created and both users will be made friends automatically. I'd guess this is out of support's scope (however I'd hope this could be done with a script, and you could point us into the right direction), or if you could suggest an already developed solution.
    Thanks!

• Ash

Hello M.

Yes, this is out of support scope, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

But let me give you some ideas.

#1.

We'd need (as blog admins), to create friendships between specific users: make 2 users friends, without the users needing to request/accept the friendship request.

You can create a form with two dropdown that will show the user list. You can get user list by get_users() function. So, from admin you will select two users that you want to be friends with each other. So you will select two users, submit the form, on post submission you will have two IDs, so you can use friends_add_friend() to make them friends. In this function, if you set the third parameter true, then it will force to add as a friend.

#2.

when a user marks another user as "like" or similar, and the other user does the same, a "match" will be created and both users will be made friends automatically.

I am not sure what you mean by "like" here, do you mean like a post or something? But whatever, those actions should have hook. You can pick that hook where you should get two IDs, and then it's same - use friends_add_friend() function to make them friends.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.