Make Generated Sitemaps Sortable

Is there a way to make the sitemaps generated by Simple Sitemaps for Multisite sortable?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Zyniker, I hope you're well today!

No, I'm afraid that's not possible...
    The problem is that sortables require javascript.
    Sitemaps however is a really basic pageview... you can't have javascript in a sitemap. Therefore... they can't be sortable. :slight_frown:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I went ahead and switched the site in question over to Infinite SEO (which has some built-in styling for sitemaps), but the question still remains as to whether or not there's some convenient way to pull the sitemap data into a WordPress post or page and then insert the necessary JavaScript there for sorting purposes.

There also seems to be a styling issue with Infinite SEO on Multisite, but I opened a separate thread for that question: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/sitemap-styling-in-infinite-seo.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again!

I went ahead and switched the site in question over to Infinite SEO (which has some built-in styling for sitemaps), but the question still remains as to whether or not there's some convenient way to pull the sitemap data into a WordPress post or page and then insert the necessary JavaScript there for sorting purposes.

I looked around but unfortunately was unable to find a solution for that... I'm sorry but I can't think of a way to do this!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.