MarketPress: archive pages use current theme styling or make full width

Hi again,

I already have an online store on my site using custom post types & Thesis theme, and I am currently migrating that section over to Market Press.

I would like to keep the current styling though for the archive pages (see link below)

But I can't even figure out how to make the store page full width (actually that's wrong, i got the store page full width, but not the product list page (??))

I'd rather not style from scratch, but if I have to happy too, once i get the darn thing full page.

Thanks

Examples:
Current store: http://dropdeadgorgeousdaily.com/dshop/
marketpress "store" page - http://dropdeadgorgeousdaily.com/ddgdstore/
marketpress "product listings" page - http://dropdeadgorgeousdaily.com/ddgdstore/swag-items/

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Kate

Me again :slight_smile:

I have to congratulate you. Your site looks stunning. I can see you've worked very hard on it.

Now to get to your question. There is an easy way to investigate where to make changes or to get code from the current page designs. You can do this by using a fantastic must-have (free) tool I use every day called firebug. It's available for Firefox and is indispensable when making edits to your site. It will allow you to quickly look at your site's code and come to a conclusion as to what the possible solutions are.

Firebug shows both html and css code, and you can actually make changes to the css to see how it would really look like. Great way to discover where you have to make changes and seeing it 'live'.

This might help you in your quest. I will also have a look at the links you provided - will report back if I have something conclusive. Let me know if you find your way though. :slight_smile:

You can download Firebug here.

All the best!

Gina

• Kate McK

Got it sorted, if any one else wants to do this.

Basically just had to find where the custom post type was registered in marketpress.php (from line 704 ) to the below.

I am sure this will mess up some of the short codes etc.. but if you just want it to display like you already styled post types this is the way to go.

// Register custom product post type

$supports = array( 'title', 'editor', 'author', 'excerpt', 'revisions', 'thumbnail' );

$args = array (

'labels' => array('name' => __('Products', 'mp'),

'singular_name' => __('Product', 'mp'),

'add_new' => __('Create New', 'mp'),

'add_new_item' => __('Create New Product', 'mp'),

'edit_item' => __('Edit Products', 'mp'),

'edit' => __('Edit', 'mp'),

'new_item' => __('New Product', 'mp'),

'view_item' => __('View Product', 'mp'),

'search_items' => __('Search Products', 'mp'),

'not_found' => __('No Products Found', 'mp'),

'not_found_in_trash' => __('No Products found in Trash', 'mp'),

'view' => __('View Product', 'mp')

),

'description' => __('Products for your MarketPress store.', 'mp'),

'menu_icon' => $this->plugin_url . 'images/marketpress-icon.png',

'public' => true,

'show_ui' => true,

'publicly_queryable' => true,

'capability_type' => 'post',

'hierarchical' => false,
    	'has_archive' => true,

'rewrite' => array('slug' => ''),
             'query_var' => true,

'supports' => $supports

);

register_post_type( 'product' , apply_filters( 'mp_register_post_type', $args ) );

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.