Make my "Appointments" page wider

Sorry last question from me today it's been a long day!

How do I make my "Appointments page" wider? I've got it set up in Marketpress. I want it to take up the full width of my boxed page. It's like it's leaving room for a sidebar but I've not got one selected.

Is it possible to make it wider?

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Kieran!

I think this bit of CSS in a custom CSS file will do just the ticket, providing there aren't sidebars on any of the pages that share this template. : )

.post-content{
    width: 95%;
    }

I left a little room, the 5%, just to keep it tidy.

Hope this helps! And you're not bother at all, I like helping. : )

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Kieran,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

It should be fine to throw that in your avada custom css area. If not though, then use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

You can try this too if it still isn't working:

#content {
    width: 100%;
    }

If that doesn't work then try it like this:

#content {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

We don't normally want to use the !important declaration but sometimes it can be a necessary evil.

Make sure after you enter that code that you check your other pages, it may distort some other pages, if it does then we can target just those appointments pages :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Tyler,

ok the first code you give doesn't work unfortunately but the "important" one does work and looks great! Unfortunately it has distorted my contact page so looks like I need something more targeted to my appointments page

Can I also add that it only works when I pasted the code in the custom css plugin you reccomended. It doesn't work when I paste the exact same code in my Avada Child style.css sheet. So something has gone wrong there! Can you help me fix that too please :slight_frown:

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
    Kieran

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Tyler,

* I have fixed my Child theme issue. It was very strange as it appeared correctly linked and the content was all fine but I needed to do a complete reinstall of the child theme to get it working. It is working now at least!

I still want a full width appointments page though. Can I also expand my check out page please it looks a little strange just all on the left hand side

Many Thanks!

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Michelle

I think I can make my appointments page wider by putting it in a proper table. Similar to the pre-populated code you get when you first set the "Appointments" page up via Marketpress. That seems to be working now. I'll take a look at the other thread now thanks!

I'm having trouble setting up locations now :slight_frown: I'll put up a seperate post about that though.

Thanks
    Kieran

• Kieran
      • The Crimson Coder

Sorry ignore me it's working now. Making a new appointments page in Marketpress via Appointments+ creates a perfect page. I just edit that one

It's strange though if I create a new product page with the appointments short code in its not full width. Don't know why as all settings look the same.

Oh well it's working now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.