Make payment for a pending appointment

Hi there,

I have a problem with making payment with A+. The current system saves an appt right after user click "Confirm appointment", even without payment. So the case is, if user hit confirm then navigate somewhere else, how does he make payment for his pending appt later?

I'm thinking of some solutions:
1. Show a button next to each pending appt (front-end).
2. Send request for payment emails after certain periods of time, and display warning text/popup to the user to remind him.

Please help me implement one of the above solutions, or show me the right way to solve my problem. I'm relatively new to Wordpress and Php, so please be as detailed as possible.
Thank you very much.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Nghia,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

You can set less minutes like 5 minutes in the Appointments + option "Disable pending appointments after (mins)" on the following path so that any confirmed appointment the user doesn't make payment with in 5 minutes will be automatically removed and it will be available for others or for rebooking.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General Tab -> Time Settings -> Disable pending appointments after (mins)

Please advise if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nghia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried that option, and it works as expected. However, from the user's point of view, that would be very frustrating having to fill the form over again just because of a misclick or bad connection.

Is there any other way?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Nghia,

Thank you for your reply.

We can understand and we have planned to combine the functionality of confirmation and payment button in to one which is added as feature requests on the following threads.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-i-make-the-confirm-button-be-combined-with-the-paypal-button
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/combine-confirm-appointment-confirm-payment

This feature may be added in future version of plugin depending on how many feature requests we get for it but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Nghia,

I'll see if I can get any further details on this from the developer at our next meeting on monday, but I can't make any promises on the next release at this time, but i'll at least try to get you a bit of a time frame if possible as I can certainly see the merits in this request.

Hope this helps

• Charles
    • Flash Drive

I Require Payment and I would also like to see this problem solved. In the very least, after the Appointment Confirmation button is pressed could you:
    (1) Save the appointment as pending (as you do now), and then
    (2) Go directly to the PayPal Payment Screen (instead of just presenting a 'go to PayPal' button as you do now)?
    With that simple change, I think you would reduce the number of users who think they are done after pressing the Appointment Confirmation button and those who don't notice the PayPal button pop up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.