Make purchase boxes bigger. Hi, I am in the process

Make purchase boxes bigger.
Hi, I am in the process of configuring Pay Per View. The attached screen shot is of the payment boxes. As you can see they "chop" off the words. How do I make them bigger?

Thanks

Steve

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Steve,

It actually does provide two options that would require registration, the "Period Pass", and the "Recurring subscription".

The "Period Pass" would allow for a one time payment that would grant the user access to all of the content on the site, and the "Recurring subscription" would do that on a recurring basis.

Would either of those options work for you? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• Steve

Hi Michael, sorry that was a typo and supposed to be GST which is similar to VAT. The Australian laws state that invoices should be called a Tax Invoice, should have the suppliers ABN, and itemise the amount of GST on the invoice.

My site has 2 types of products, Training Modules and Premium eBooks/how to manuals. The modules I want to sell via a Pay Per View or subscription. The eBooks will be downloadable which I can do through MarketPress. However I am really struggling to find (within the WPMUDEV suite) the solution to theTraining modules that will also satisfy our tax laws.

Thank you so much for your help. You have been the most helpful person I have met in the WPMUDEV world.

Steve

• Steve

Thanks Michael.

Thank you for your help but I seem to be going around in circles.

As i mentioned in my earlier post my site has 2 types of products, Training Modules and Premium eBooks/how to manuals. The modules I want to sell via a Pay Per View or subscription. The eBooks will be downloadable which I can do through MarketPress. However I am really struggling to find (within the WPMUDEV suite) the solution to the Training modules that will also satisfy our tax laws.

The Qanderno application looks like it might work, however how do I integrate that in with the WPMUDEV products, in particular, PPV and MarketPress? I am under the impression that the invoice is generated from the WPMUDEV product, not the gateway?

Also, MarketPress doesnt accommodate Stripe, so that means I will be using both Stripe and Paypal.

Please help as the frustration levels are rising.

Steve

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Steve,

Whoops, didn't mean to lead you in circles! Let me address these points here:

The Qanderno application looks like it might work, however how do I integrate that in with the WPMUDEV products, in particular, PPV and MarketPress? I am under the impression that the invoice is generated from the WPMUDEV product, not the gateway?

You would actually be integrating Quaderno.io with Stripe itself, once a charge gets processed via Stripe, Quaderno.io would send out an invoice to your customers.

Pay Per View only has PayPal presently, but as mentioned earlier, Protected Content has Stripe as one of the provided gateways. I had mentioned Protected Content earlier due to the italicized portion of this comment:

As i mentioned in my earlier post my site has 2 types of products, Training Modules and Premium eBooks/how to manuals. The modules I want to sell via a Pay Per View or subscription.

I'm curious about this part of your statement though:

Also, MarketPress doesnt accommodate Stripe, so that means I will be using both Stripe and Paypal.

I'm seeing that MarketPress has Stripe as one of the available gateways, perhaps I'm missing something here?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Steve

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your help on this matter. Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been out of action for the last 10 days.

Ok just to get this clear, this is what you are suggesting.

We utilise both MarketPlace and Protected Content as both have the option of Stripe as the gateway.
    - Both play nicely together
    - MarketPress will be used as the digital download aspect, e.g. eBooks etc
    - Protected Content will be used for the subscription aspect and I can build in a finite subscription for each/all modules which can act as a "pay per view" or subscription
    - We integrate Quanderno with Stripe and let all the invoicing be pushed out through the Quanderno/Stripe system which will handle the GST aspect of Australian Invoices

Does that sound right?

Thanks again, Steve

• Steve

Hi Michael, I am in the middle of the Protected Content config and have a few questions that I was hoping you could help me with.

1. As discussed earlier, we have a series of training modules that are either packaged up into a whole course, or purchased singly. The single courses we call "On-Demand". Clients pay a fee to get access to the video content and the downloadable files for 24 hours. In setting this up in Protected Content I was thinking I should create a different subscriptions for each of the modules (15 of them so far) offered via On-Demand. Does that work or is there a better way?

2. Currently when a someone tries to access protected content e.g., On-Demand course>Topic 1, without the correct rights, it takes them to the default Protected Content page that is set up when the plugin is installed. How do you change that so that it shows the message in the protected content > settings>protected content messages instead of re-directing to that default page?

3. We have a series of On-Demand courses, that are all structured the same way. If we take Topic 1, it has its own page, with an introduction, an inclusions list, embedded video and links to download workbooks etc. I would like users [non subscribers] to get access to the On-Demand>Topic 1 page, but have the content below the intro and inclusions hidden until they have subscribed. I am trying to utilise the "more tag" or the subscription short code to hide the Protected Content, however the whole page gets protected. I have read all the notes and it doesn't explain how to do this. Can you please help me? How can I make the selected content protected only?

There will be more questions coming but these are the most important ones at this stage. As mentioned before, I really appreciate your help so far, so I hope this isn't stretching the friendship.

Regards

Steve

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Steve,

#1: That'd be the way to do that for now. :slight_smile:

#2: Inside your site's Dashboard, if you go to:

Protect Content -> Settings -> General

You'll want to click on the "Edit Page" link for the "Protected Content" page in the "Protected Content Site Pages" section. You can edit the content that shows up on that page from there. :slight_smile:

#3: In this case, you'd want to make sure that the page itself isn't protected, but that the shortcode for the relevant membership is used, as noted in the screenshot below.

Doing that will allow you to have the content below the intro and inclusions hidden until they have subscribed. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Steve

Thanks Michael. As I have said many times, you're awesome. I will try all these and get back to you with any issues.

A couple more questions for you.
    1. Given the answer to #1 above, I am going to have 15 different subscriptions for the On-Demand modules (i.e., 1 for each module) which is going to make it very confusing for the users when they are directed to the Subscriptions page.

Using the short code to protect the content, is there a way I can include a specific "buy now button" in the protected content message (i.e., the automatic message that notifies the user the rest of the content on this page is protected that is set up in protected content>settings>protection messages>short code protection message) that takes the user directly to the register/subscribe page for the subscription for that on-demand item? Inserting a general button into the auto message is fairly easy, however, how would I insert a customised button for each subscription. Alternatively as a work around, is there a way I can create a separate subscriptions page for the On-Demand subscriptions so the subscription process is less confusing?

2. Going back to answer #2 above, what is the difference between the default "protected content" page that was automatically set up when the plugin was installed and the content set up in protected content>settings>protection messages>content protection message and the page. When are they both used?

3. Attached is a screenshot of one of the reminder emails I got from the system about my test membership. I have marked up the screenshot with issues that need to change. How do i change this so that it comes from our company, and it has the correct email?

I will leave it there. Once again, thank you so much for your help, you have seriously convinced me that being a member of WPMUDEV is something every Wordpress user needs.

Steve

• Steve

Morning Michael (that is its morning here)

Just a quick update.

#1 - The short codes are working an absolute treat!
    #3 - The issue with the email notification from protected content has half fixed its self. The "holidays in Australia" has now changed to the name, however I still have "word press" at the top rather than the company name.

One more question for you (sorry about all of these, you must be getting sick of me by now)
    This one is for the MarketPress component.

In the store page, the formatting for products is a little astray. I have attached 2 images, one from my mac (checked with 3 different browsers) and one from an iPhone. Both show the same problem being the arrows under the text. I have tried reformatting the page but this comes through via a short code. How do I correct this?

Thanks again for everything.
    Steve

• Steve

Hi Michael,
    I hope all is well. I wanted to provide you with a quick update to the issues raised above.

Question 1 re short codes.
    I have built a landing page for the on-demand training modules together with an on-demand "menu" which is simply an icon list. In each of the burbs I have included the buy short code ([ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]), inserted the membership id, and it is working an absolute treat.

Question 2 re formatting of product page
    Posted that sportily and Tyler came back pretty quick with additional CSS to add which fixed it.

So all good. Thank you so much for all your support. For the first time in months I feel like I have everything planned, and thats all thanks to you and your perseverance with me.

Steve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.