Make Slide In plugin responsive for mobile and other devices

Just looked at the Slide In plugin on my mobile site using WP Touch Pro. The Slide In plugin should be made responsive like other sliders.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings LubyG,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The full-width and special case slide-ins were always responsive, and in the latest plugin release (v1.0.2, just released) so are the fixed width ones. You still get to specify their width in pixels, but if the window gets too small for them to show properly, they will collapse and respect the window size.

• LubyG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm not sure what a "special case" slide in is.

Just upgraded the plugin and now I don't get any slide in to appear in mobile view. I tried both an image slide in and a simple text slide in. Tried setting fixed width and full width.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings LubyG,

Thank you for your feedback but it appears that you indeed updated to the latest that you said completely quit working but at that time it was version v1.0.2 and the one the lead developer is referring to is version 1.1

So at that time it was impossible for you to have been using the version the lead developer referred to in his last post.

Please advise if this is indeed the case.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event and have a GREAT week ahead.

Cheers, Joe

• LubyG

I really cannot recall. I run hundreds of websites and it all becomes a blur. Either way, It is working now.

Here is a tip. I also run the Post Expirator plugin for WP. I used it to display an Easter message and have it auto deleted at the end of the day on 3 sites. You can use the "Publish on" feature of a post to set campaigns to display and the Post Expirator to automate the ad termination date.

Thanks for following up Joe!

• LubyG

It is now working on my mobile site using WP Touch Pro.
    http://everythingouterbanks.com/

Just added a slide so you can see that it is even responsive to the screen size.

One issue is strange. It continues to show each time the Home page is refreshed even though I have it set to not show to Hide all messages for the visitor and to show again after 3 hours. It does not do this on my desktop MAC. Could be a cloudflare cache issue and I don't want to purge the cache since the site is over a thousand pages.

Otherwise it is working nicely for me now.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings LubyG,

Thank you for the additional feed back which is absolutely appreciated and though I would not say for sure because I do not use it personally, indeed this could be a caching issue.

Thanks again and have a GREAT week ahead.

Cheers, Joe

• KristinBA
    • New Recruit

Hi there,

Back in 2013 (when this thread started) I could ALMOST see this not having native support for responsive behaviors, but now on the brink of 2016, when "responsive" has been a thing for more than 5 years, and mobile traffic is equal or surpassing desktop traffic on almost all sites, I'm wondering when we can expect a real responsive update. One that can be handled with plugin settings, not opening up code files.

Setting a fixed width of 300px isn't a reasonable on desktop, neither is allowing full width--both look ridiculous, but are the only way to get something working on a mobile device. Setting percentage-based widths smaller than 100% don't work on mobile at all.

This is part of what made me cancel my subscription a while ago, and seek alternative solutions. Because I only managed to find one similar plugin, and that one was extremely buggy, I signed back up with the massive Black Friday discount, assuming that this plugin would have seen a responsive update by now. Still nothing. So again, I ask when we can expect true multi-device support.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.