Making a backup

Hi,
I think that a set everything for backing up my site but that do not work, and i don't see anywhere, how to make an instant manual backup.
Best regards

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Faissou,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is a Multisite and on Multisite you would make backups through the Network Admin. Since Snapshot Pro plugin includes two backup tools - snapshots and Managed Backup - here's how to use them both:

1. Snapshots

Start with going to "Network Admin -> Snapshot -> Snapshots" page and click on "Create Snapshot". This will open a "snapshot" (backup) configuration screen where you can select what (files, database tables) should be put into the backup archive.

Please note: "snapshots" tool of Snapshot cannot backup entire Multisite install at once and you can only backup sites separately. Therefore in the "Blog to backup" option of that configuration screen you need to select one of the sites of the Multisite (it can be any sub-site or a main site).

You can create more such snapshots for other sites of the Multisite.

Once you have the site selected and configured what to backup, you'll see a "Frequency" section at the bottom of that screen. If you select "Once off" - that'd be a "manual backup" and the backup process will be run immediately but no schedule will be created.

You can select there either "Once off" or "Run daily, weekly or monthly" (it will show additional option to set schedule).

2. Managed Backup

A Managed Backup would also be run via "Network Admin" but the difference is that unlike "snapshot" it's always a full backup of entire Multisite install (you can't do backup of just one of the sub-sites).

To run it "once", go to the "Network Admin -> Snapshot -> Managed Backups" and click on "Run Backup" button there (assuming that you have already activated the feature), then select "Once-off" option in "Frequency" section and click on "Run Backup"

I hope that helps! If you got any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.