Making a blog page template

Hello,

I am using a static home page. I am trying to have a specific page template that will display the latest posts. How can this be done the most practical way.

Thanks

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there!

Great question. The answer, though, is theme dependent with respect to the details. Essentially you are talking about making a Page of Posts which is done by modifying page templates. The Wordpress Codex explains more on this at:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#A_Page_of_Posts

Each theme will have a different set of page templates and sometimes it is easy to just copy one and rename it in the header info and the filename to get the desired effect. Other times it can be a little tricky. How about you give it a go and if you get stuck let us know! Either way, it'll be important to know which theme you are working with.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you get stuck somewhere.

Cheers,
    Paul

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.