Making Admin Controlled Site Categories

This is just a suggestion, but I think it would be awesome if a super admin could add categories to sites through the Sites section, for example a featured category.

Another suggestion would be another Pro Sites/Categories functionality would be to add additional categories to higher level supporters, or to sort the categories by their pro sites levels. Sort of like on a Google search results putting paying sites higher. This could also be done using bidding.....

Just some ideas as I play around with the plugin, thanks!

• Paul

@C.J.

This is just a suggestion, but I think it would be awesome if a super admin could add categories to sites through the Sites section, for example a featured category.

This is actually coming in a future release. I have some bug hunting with two other members trying to figure out some issues on their respective sites. The next update should see the Network > Sites > Edit screen showing the same site category and description fields you would see on the site Settings > Site Categories.

Another suggestion would be another Pro Sites/Categories functionality would be to add additional categories to higher level supporters,

This is already supported. Check the primary site Site Categories > Settings panels.

or to sort the categories by their pro sites levels. Sort of like on a Google search results putting paying sites higher. This could also be done using bidding.....

This has been suggested before but could not figure out a good way to implement it. You mentioned bidding. Ok you have my attention. Want to provide some more details on how this can be done with the current plugin?

• C.J.

This is actually coming in a future release. I have some bug hunting with two other members trying to figure out some issues on their respective sites. The next update should see the Network > Sites > Edit screen showing the same site category and description fields you would see on the site Settings > Site Categories.

Great!

This is already supported. Check the primary site Site Categories > Settings panels.

I'm not talking about the number of categories they can have, but having certain categories that are specific to higher levels, for example a Featured Category that possibly is automatically applied. I'm aware that this would have to be done after site creation. What I am doing now is I created the category Featured, but excluded it from their options. Then I can manually add a featured site to that category.

This has been suggested before but could not figure out a good way to implement it. You mentioned bidding. Ok you have my attention. Want to provide some more details on how this can be done with the current plugin?

There was a software we considered using a while back, called Esyndicat that allows you to allow members to bid up their location in search results, so that the highest bidder showed up at the top. What I would do, is create a group of categories, and tier them the same way you tier your pro sites plan. From there, each pro-site level automatically, or to begin with manually, gets to be in that category, and then you can sort the category results by these tiers.

Basically add additional sorting options to Categories, possibly by groups by parent...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.