making chat ready to use for client

Hi,
I'm setting up the chat plugin here:
http://promotedparent.org/chat/

How do I tell the client that the user can start using it to chat with the staff? Do I have to implement some feature? Do they have to register someone? Even the admin doesn't seem themselves in the chat system.

• Nastia

Hello cornelius_butler

Hope you're doing well today!

How do I tell the client that the user can start using it to chat with the staff?

You can add a description above the Chat shortcode and navigate visitors from home page to a Chat page, add a link in the footer or somewhere noticeable on the home page.

Do they have to register someone?
    Chat allow only to registered users participate in chat. Visitors just need to enter their name and email to a log-in form to participate.

The Chat view from non-logged in users can be changed, you can set it to show the Login form right away for logged out users. Go to Chat > Settings Site > Authentication tab and under What to show non-Authenticated users and select Login form - Chat Login form only option.

Even the admin doesn't seem themselves in the chat system.

It is possible to show the User List in a chat box. Navigate to Chat > Settings Page > Users List tab and from there choose a position to show the User List:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.