Making Hummingbird hum - 'Remove render blocking resources'


I am having difficulty addressing the 'Remove render blocking resources' .

It seems everytime I change something the number goes down instead of up. Trying to get this last item at 90 and up. Please help.

  • Milan


    Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

    Could you please tell me which steps you are taking to fix Render blocking JavaScript issue ? And have you conducted plugin conflict test after noticing this error ? If not then I suggest you do that as it is possible that other plugin is not showing proper results.

    Also Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

    Look forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,

  • Luc

    Hi Milan,

    I have granted access.

    I have tried a variety of things. I combined some js files together. I combined both css files for su (shortcodes ultimate), moved to the footer, minified and combined. This resulted in no impact.

    I have tried many permutations but no big impact. Usually will stay put or be reduced. Some other times it seems like 'Improve server response times' my show up as a (red-low) number while the 'Remove render blocking resources' option appears (blue-healthy). Weird. Or is there a correlation between the two I should know about?

    Also, while I'm writing this, I am experimenting some more and I realize I am confused about something else. Everytime I try something else, I press save. But when I do this, it seems to deactivate the ability to 'discard Changes'. Once the settings are updated no more possibility to Discard Changes. So this leads me to ask. Are the changes done through Ajax or something like this. Saving will end up baking the changes but even without saving, I can visually their impact on the site?

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi Luc,

    I changed the loading method and minification of some of the files that were shown in report, however to see the results I had to clear cache from your caching plugin in order to see the new results.
    Render blocking resources score is currently at 88 after the changes but you can try changing loading method and minification of other files as well to further improve it.

    JS file I change loading method for:

    Minimized and merged CSS files:

    Unfortunately there's currently no way to see the changes without saving it first, and discard will only work while working on changes, before saving.

    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.