Making it work with FRIENDS plugin

Hi there,

Is there a way to use the Private Messaging plugin instead of the Messaging plugin for Friends request notifications?

Cheers,
Ronald

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ronald,

Is there a way to use the Private Messaging plugin instead of the Messaging plugin for Friends request notifications?

You should be able to use Private messaging instead of the Messaging plugin to send and receive messages, but from what Friends doesn't use Messaging plugin for friends requestes, its build in function. It only requires Messaging to send messages

5. To send messages to friends from the friends page you need to have the Messaging plugin installed and activated.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/friends/#product-usage

So its not possible to use Private messaging for Friends Requests.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Kisia,

Makes sense. Just wondering if I can use a 3 plugins together without having to worry that is could be confusing for users? Because they both have an inbox?

The reason for this is because I like the private messaging integration with BBpress.

Cheers,
    Ronald

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ronald,

Why do you need Messaging plugin? Both plugins are operating on the usernames - so you still be able to send message to your friends with Private messaging by using their username. Or did you already tested Private Messaging plugin and it doesnt work with Friends?
    Friend requests are handled by Friends plugin, so Messaging is not required for that.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dutchman,

If I'm not mistaken, as mentioned above, Friends plugin handles email notifications, when you add an user, ie under Friends > Find Friends, an email is sent. Other than than I'm afraid there isn't any integration available, at the moment. I tested the plugin, and it seems to work, could you please explain where you are having issue with, is it with email notification not being sent?

Please advise what I'm missing, so that we could have a clear idea regarding this. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.