Making levels available

Hello, I have just bought pro sites and set it up. I have created 2 levels and set the free option to use one of the levels.
The problem is that it does not provide the user with any levels to select. The only way to do this is to select "I'm interested" so that they get a free site for 31 days. But I want users to be able to select what level they want. At the moment, there does not seem to be any way for a user to signup for a pro level, or for that matter any other level. How is this done?

• Aaron

I'm not sure what you are asking BusinessOnlinePh?

Pro sites works like this:
    All sites are of a free level (this is built into pro sites) when created. If sites want additional features, they can choose one of the paid levels you created and pay for it after signing up. Checkout links are throughout their dashboard. If you want to force them to the checkout page on first login to their new site, you can use the special force and hide signup link given in pro site settings.

As Arun said, if you do not want a free level at all, then you can enable the pay to blog module which will completely prevent access to their site unless they checkout with a paid level.

• BusinessOnlinePh

What I would like to do is offer a range of plans, one free, some paid. However, I would like the users to be able to select a paid option and pay for it when they register. This will increase the signup rate.

If I talk about our paid plans and a customer is sold to the idea, they will then register and will be given a free plan that they have to upgrade to get a paid plan. It is rather a long way around and will lose us income, reducing our conversion.

• Dean Kaus

@Arun and @Aaron I was wondering as I haven't had a chance to check this plugin out myself yet and possibly this is what @BusinessOnlinePh is actually looking for.

Is the Pro-Site the same or similar as to the way this website operates? What I want is a teaser page (or home landing page) that gives all of the information of whats available for the different levels of membership. For example Level 1 would be for artists, Level 2 for photographers etc... These could be group participation forums like this.

On the other hand I also want to use the Pro-sites to re-sell web hosting services and in that instance Level 1 would be a basic personal blog, Level 2 would allow more features like an limited e-commerce option, Level 3 have even more features etc...

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

• BusinessOnlinePh

It seems that this plugin works like this:

ALL users register for a free account. Only upgrades can be charged for. The customer then needs to upgrade and select a plan. Plans will allow for extra storage, plugins etc.

Unfortunately, this plugin has been very disappointing as it seems to take a very illogical route to selling multisites. If I have a customer who wants extras now, I want them to be able to order and pay for them. I do not want them to have to order a free site, then login using details emailed to them, then action an upgrade and then pay. It is too long and loses customers. I could increase my conversion by 75%+ if they could pay for the extras when ordering.

• BusinessOnlinePh

@Arun "In the modules, there is a module named "Pay To Blog". Enabling this would force to user to go to the pro-sites page after sign-up, on the first login." that is the problem. The customer would have to order a free site, get their login details from their email inbox, login and upgrade. What a mess! If there are only paid sites, why bother setting it up and sending out the email when you could have simply had the user register.

I wanted to offer free with paid, allowing customers to pay when they order like one would with any other system, but pro sites does not seem to do that.