Making Marketpress better

I already brought this up in part on the Events thread, but there are certain plugins that I see as core plugins: Membership, ProSites and Marketpress.

For Marketpress, I think there are a lot of smaller plugins that could be better handled as extensions to Marketpress.

My wishlist would include
- Group buying
Requirements would be adding the ability to set a minimum number of purchases for a product to become available (the ability to easily refund any purchases if the minimum is not met would probably be the way to work this out as far as payment processing), ability to set a maximum number of purchases. Not so much a Groupon competitor as a way to allow people to run their own deals.

- Time limited deals or products
The ability to limit availability or price of a product by date and time. Should be able to be combined with group minimums/maximums

- Events
For reasons already described, I think that would function better within Marketpress

• Timothy Bowers

Hey ymousley, thanks for the suggestions!

Membership, ProSites and Marketpress

I have to agree, those I see as the core ones which I personally use myself. :slight_smile:

- Group buying
    Requirements would be adding the ability to set a minimum number of purchases for a product to become available (the ability to easily refund any purchases if the minimum is not met would probably be the way to work this out as far as payment processing), ability to set a maximum number of purchases. Not so much a Groupon competitor as a way to allow people to run their own deals.

Thats an excellent idea, I wonder how many other people are looking for this one?

I think this could work well for events as well! :slight_smile:

- Time limited deals or products
    The ability to limit availability or price of a product by date and time. Should be able to be combined with group minimums/maximums

That could work well for various products you could offer pre-release time limited deals and then revert to the full price once the date is met.

You know I'd love to see it so you could have deals like buy X & Y get Z free, or for the discount price of..... Perhaps even buy 2 X and get Y free. I think that would be cool.

How else do you think we could build on this.

I see you mentioned addons, so you see this as being separately downloadable addons for MarketPress?

- Events
    For reasons already described, I think that would function better within Marketpress

Thats an excellent idea, I think I suggested the same some months ago. I have site which sells tickets and we used MarketPress for that.

I know a couple of people create them as downloadable products, so the download is an E-Ticket. Of course it doesn't generate a unique reference on the ticket that way though. :slight_frown:

Anyone else looking for this?

Any more ideas to build on this?

Thanks again for the suggestions, I'll move this to the feature request forums.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.