Making Payment After Registering For Account in Membership2 Pro

Hello,

Using Membership2 pro I noticed that a user can register an account for a paid membership. They are then displayed as a member in Admin with access to the content even if they have not paid yet (screenshot attached). For this test the username = coupontest.

They can then login to their account on the website, and if they visit the Register page, they have "Permanent Access" to the membership. (screenshot attached). They cannot access the content yet because they have not paid. Unfortunately there does not appear to be an area for them to pay at this point.

My questions are:

1. Why does Admin dimply them as having access prior to making payment?
2. How does a registered user come back later an complete payment and gain access to the protected content?

I have also attached a screenshot of this test users account page so you can see they have "Active" status as a "Registered" user, but no way of paying for their membership.

Thanks,
Chris

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Christopher

I hope you're well today!

I juts registered an account on your site (username = pcwriter) after clicking the signup button for your FULL ACCESS membership. I then logged in before paying and do not have access yet as my payment is still pending (screenshot).

Did you perhaps use a 100%-off coupon for your test?

• Christopher
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response. I just checked and see that you are still listed as a "Visitor", which is how I would expect it to work.

I just have 2 instances where the user is listed as having access prior to paying (screenshot attached).

They don't actually have access to the content though, which is good. Any ideas how this could have happened?

FYI - I don't have a 100% off coupon.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Chris! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Just to make sure its working fine. I created test account my self (usernmae=wpmusjaved), selected the Full Access and did not completed the payment. I could not access any restricted pages and the status is still pending (see screenshot).

2. How does a registered user come back later an complete payment and gain access to the protected content?

Users can complete their payment from Register page or from my account page. On account page when they will click on Pending stats they will be taken to checkout page where they can complete their subscription.

This could be a temporary error or mis configuration. It seems to be working fine so far. Test again and let us know if its changing the status Active on pending payments. If it happens then provide step by step details to reproduce this problem on your site or on our sandbox site.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Chris

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, it seems to be a rare problem and does not happened every time. As stated in other thread our developer are notified about this bug and hopefully it will be get fixed in upcoming release.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.