Making products global

Can you please tell me how to make a product global.

I have imported a site from another multi-site network and having everything working including marketpress on the single site.

I would now like to test global products displaying on the main site.

Can you explain please how to make a product global?

Thanks
Ian

• Mark Wallace

Hi octavian
    You need to use the short code found at this link. They will be under the details tab.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/
    Look for this section.
    Global Listings

When installed on WordPress Multisite all products, product tags, and product categories from across the network are indexed globally. They are then displayed on your main site/blog marketplace pages or with our powerful global widgets or shortcodes.
    Global Product List – Shows a customizable global list of products from network MarketPress stores.
    Global Product Tag Cloud – Displays global most used product tags in cloud format from network MarketPress stores.
    Global Product Category List – Displays a network-wide HTML list of product categories from network MarketPress stores.

• octavian

Thank you both for that.

It turns out that the reason that the products were not showing is as follows:

The site that I am testing has been imported into the multi-site from another multi-site install.

Nothing shows up as a global product until the publish date is set to be after the setup date of the main site on the network.

Can I offer some constructive criticism and suggest that a user manual for MarketPress would be a good idea.

We have a number of sites that use a single install very effectively and it compares favourably with WP-Ecommerce. The big let down for WP-Ecommerce is the lack of support and documentation, but they are starting to address that. Another big problem is the lack of ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics, but even this is now being addressed.

I think MarketPress is almost there as a substitute, but it really needs better documentation and how to's if it's going to fly.

I have tried a couple of times to integrate other stores as our goal is to have one shopping cart with multiple independent stores. Each time I try to achieve this, I run into problems and can't quickly find the answers.

i'd be happy to help in writing documentation and tutorials, if someone could collaborate with me in answering questions.

thanks
    Ian

• aecnu

Greetings Ian,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and additional input, it is indeed greatly appreciated.

I will bring your offer to help with documentation to the attention my Boss.

Believe it or not, compared to just the beginning of the year WPMU Dev has come a long way with documentation and obviously has a long way to go. It is a monumental task creating documents for 300+ products.

Thank you for the generous offer, feedback, and your valuable insight.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.