making static page for template

Okay, I have a marketpress multisite. I am using the theme flexmarket. When I'm making my template site; I want them to have a static front page like my main page. It will show 10 of their products(in theory). How do I do that?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @dawn,

You can just create a normal page.

Then in Dashboard > settings > reading. You select that page as the front page.

You can then use shortcodes on the page to list 10 products.

Products List [mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.
    Optional Attributes:
    "paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
    "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
    "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    "list_view" - 1 for list view, 0 (default) for grid view
    Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]
    "filters" - 1 to show product filters, 0 to not show filters

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.