making sure files are safe inside site

Hi,
I have support access on for nscplc.com. Defender found the following files. Can you please make sure they are safe to delete or if they should be deleted?

layout-styles.css Unknown file in WordPress core
test.php Unknown file in WordPress core

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Cornelius!

I hope you're well today!

I've logged in to your site and checked te Defender report and details of each reported file. They all are harmless. Here's a short description of what they are:

- 404.shtml - that's a default hosting page for a 404 not found error - safe to delete, as WordPress uses it's own 404 pages
    - home.html - a default home page "coming soon", that's installed by default when someone buys hosting service - safe to remove
    - layout-styles.css - harmless stylesheet, not sure if it's used by something, or if it's just a stray file left after some old site - I suggest ignoring it
    - test.php - some old stray file - it's empty so I think it's safe to delete
    - error_log files - as the name suggests, those are files created by PHP and they contain information about any errors on the site. it's best to leave them and ignore them, but you can also delete them if there are no issues with the site right now

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.