Making text wrap in WP

I have a website http://prayerandpraisemagazine.com

I tried to make a custom home page using tables because I'm not good with CSS.

My problem is that my text does not wrap by itself. Depending on the browser, some of the text is cut off on the right. I have to go in manually and add
to make my text look correct (not cut off on the right)

Is there an easy fix for this other than learn css?

The person for whom I made the site adds text to the center portion of the home page. It is too cumbersome for her to have to make the text layout properly by messing around with the html.

• james_sharon_robinson
    • Flash Drive

My table and the cells are set at percentage. What if I made them fixed width using px. Therefore if the cell of which my text lays is set at 470px then wont it always be 470 regardless of the browser but with percent the cell and table stretches or shrinks therefore giving be a different view depending on the browser dimensions.

Is that correct thinking on my part?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @james_sharon_robinson

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

@successfulgeek has given you a good advice of staying away form tables :slight_smile: I tried to use them once and had a hard time :smiley:

My table and the cells are set at percentage. What if I made them fixed width using px. Therefore if the cell of which my text lays is set at 470px then wont it always be 470 regardless of the browser but with percent the cell and table stretches or shrinks therefore giving be a different view depending on the browser dimensions.

Is that correct thinking on my part?

Logically yes

I think max-width should help

Found a tutorial here : http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/max-width

Cheers, PC

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven't heard back, I'm hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.