Making the Ultimate Facebook comments responsive

HI there,
At the moment there is the option to make the Facebook Comments on the front end of the site a certain width.
This is in px, so in my case 644px
However, I would like this to be responsive such that if I shrink the browser, this alters the width of the Facebook comments area.
How can I do this please?
Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Ultimate Facebook plugin is using Facebook API to insert FB comments box on the page and the resulting comments form/list are those provided by Facebook.

Facebook API scripts inject an "iframe" element into the page source and then load their own pages/scripts/styles into that iframe so we cannot directly affect that part with CSS. Unfortunately, Facebook API accepts only value in pixels for width. There's no easy way around in that case.

A workaround could be to use some sort of JavaScript that would first detect current screen/block width and then modify the FB JS API call accordingly. That would however require an advanced custom development and either complex changes to the Ultimate Facebook plugin core or writing entirely new plugin for this.

That being said, I have moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will give it a vote. With more support it'd make it possible that our developers would consider implementing such a workaround in a plugin in future.

Kind regards,
    Adam