Malchimp Integration plugin does not show all mailchimp lists

Hi there,

I am using mailchimp integration plugin to sync my users with a mailchimp list. i just noticed the following:

– not all lists from mailchimp show up anymore in the plugin list (only the last 25 lists show up to choose from; is there a limit? I have more than 25 lists in mailchimp). The list I need to sync, and used to sync, is not there anymore.

– the “Select a mailing list you want to have new users added to” option jumps automatically to the latest list I create in my mailchimp, instead of staying at the list I have selected (which does not show up anymore at all)

– P.S. I have notes under some of the contacts / users in mailchimp, hope I don’t lose those in the process.

Thank you!

• PG
    • Flash Drive

Update: I installed the plugin on a separate sandbox multisite to test it (where I am not using the above mailchimp collector vc add-on) and it still shows only the newest 25 lists to choose from. That means they are not conflicting.

Any way we can increase that limit of 25 lists showing in the dropdown menu? Thanks.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @petru, hope you’re doing well! :slight_smile:

This test Multisite of yours, were the other plugins disabled on it as well? If not, could you try disabling them please? I’m not seeing anything in the code right away that would limit the amount of lists displayed.

Also, I noticed that your live site’s on WP Engine, is this test Multisite on WP Engine as well?

Please advise,

Michael

• PG
    • Flash Drive

I have deactivated all the plugins on the test site and it’s still showing only the latest 25 lists.

This test site is not on wpengine. But everything was working fine before on wpengine. Until probably I got to have too many lists.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey, petru!

Thanks for your helpfulness here! I’ve asked the dev for some feedback here, and there’s no limit on the number of lists that can be added from our end. He suspects that Mailchimp may only be sending 25 lists in the HTTP response, so he’d like to take a closer look. I’m adding a ticket for him, would you mind enabling support access so he can see your setup first hand? He may also ask for FTP information, so if you could use our contact form to send me the following, that would be awesome:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Michelle Shull

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Thanks!

• PG
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your reply. I got to the same conclusion that the limitation comes most likely from MailChimp so I decided to open a second mailchimp account for additional lists and keep the main mailchimp account (that has the list needed to sync) under 25 lists. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Thank you!

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @petru.

I just realized that there’s a chance to get more lists (the limit is at 100 but by default it returns 25)

Change line no.298 in mailchimp-syn/helpers.php for this:

$lists = $api->lists->getList( array(), 0, 100 );

It should now return 100 lists max.

I’ll add that code in next release.

Regards.

Ignacio.

• Kristian
    • New Recruit

Related to this thread, I have the same issue – but only 10 lists are showing up! I have more than 20 lists in our MailChimp account.

You mention something about adding the fixing code to the “next” version back in 2015. Are you able to help me out on this? Or is it a mailchimp API limit?

Best regards and for glory

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi Kristian

Sorry for the delay here. MailChimp API changed a lot in 2017 and we recoded the whole plugin because of that. Fortunately there’s an easy fix for that without touching core code. Just place this code in your theme or another plugin:

add_filter( 'mailchimp_api_request_args', 'mailchimp_api_lists_limit', 10, 3 );
    function mailchimp_api_lists_limit( $args, $path, $request_args ) {
    if ( 'lists' === $path && 'GET' === $request_args['method'] ) {
    $args['count'] = 100;
    }
    return $args;
    }

You can use any other number different to 100.

Regards.

Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.