Managed Backup doesn't work

Managed backup starts and very soon crashes, returning a homepage instead of an error message (no logs available). I've been troubleshooting during chat but with no success. The site had been previously infected with some malicious software but had been cleaned up and migrated to another server.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Stacy !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I tried to replicate the issue but unfortunately wasn't able access your site. All the admin pages return the error message shown in the following screenshot:

I took a quick look into your cPanel for the file structure and it looks like quite a good number of files have a permissions of 755. Here's another screenshot for reference:

All files and folders should have permissions of 644 and 755 respectively.

Let me know if the issue is resolved so that I can access the site and look into the Snapshot issue. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Stacy !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I took a deeper look into your site, the issue is quite odd. There are no errors reported in the log files regarding Snapshot. But I'm seeing some memory exhaust reports regarding some other plugin(s). I can see the PHP memory_limit set in your server is 128M which is too low. We recommend a minimum PHP memory_limit value of 256M (more preferably 512M or higher if possible). Could you please contact your host so that they can help you increase it? Alternatively, you can also try increasing it yourself following this handy guide.

Note: Please ensure that WP_MEMORY_LIMIT is updated in wp-config.php according to the updated PHP memory_limit.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this works for you. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• Stacy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok - I have fixed the memory limit issue both in the server and in the wp-config file and I was able to run a file scan in Defender successfully (which wasn't working prior to that change either). However, I am still getting the same error(s) when I try to run a backup.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Stacy !
    Hope you are doing well today!

I'm sorry about the delay in response here. I attempted to run multiple managed backups but unfortunately, they failed repeatedly. However, I was able to see the following error in the browser console:

Errors like this might most likely show up due to conflicts between Snapshot and another (or multiple) plugin(s) or the theme. In this scenario, I'd recommend doing a plugin/theme conflict test following this handy flowchart (it is highly recommended that you back the site up in any other means before the process).

Hope this helps. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.