Managed backup failed

I'm unable to complete Managed Backup on the site. It always fails at some point with timeout or "Other kind of backup error".

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Juliana

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and did some additional tweaking but still couldn't make the process complete yet. I did find, however, that with certain settings it comes down to the "INACTIVITY TIMEOUT Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for document." error which is passed directly from a server.

It seems to be specific to some GoDaddy hosts with some site's configuration and there's a lot of reports of that issue (regarding different installs and plugins, not even Snapshot) on their support forums.

According to what GoDaddy suggests it might be related to some plugins on site, also might be affected by caching. I would like to ask you to start with following their suggestion on this and run a conflict test:

1. make sure that all the caching options are disabled in any plugins on the site that provide caching (clear these caches as well)
    2. disable all plugins except Snapshot and WPMU DEV Dashboard
    3. switch theme to Twenty Seventeen
    4. look into GoDaddy server management panel and see if there's any option to clear up server cache; if so - please clear it.

5. Check if Managed Backup compltes. If yes, start enabling plugins one by one again, each time checking the issue until it eventually breaks again - the last plugin enabled right before that would be the most likely source of the issue; if it's still working after all necessary plugins are enabled back, switch your theme back on and test again.

Would you please give it a go? Let me know about test results and we'll then decide what steps to take next, based on these results.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Juliana,

Performing above steps will make your site look different for visitors while testing.
    Which package you have with GoDaddy, do you have an option to create staging site as explained here:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-a-staging-site-16466
    If you have this then you can create the staging site and perform the tests there, this will leave your site intact during the test.

If not, you can install any Under Construction plugin or use that module from Ultimate Branding plugin so your site shows to be in maintenance mode while you test this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.