Managed Backup is not restoring

Managed backup restore stack on 80%. Showing "Snapshot determining tables/files to restore " at 0% in full log:
https://monosnap.com/file/N3ACNqfJEUMHavfNSuTV0TZnKCF2l5

No errors in the debig.log file.

  • Majid

    Hello Adam
    I hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

    We forwarded this ticket to our Second Level Support team to get their valuable feedback on this issue. One of our SLS members will reply back here as soon as more information is available.

    Please keep in mind that our SLS Team deals with more complicated issues, thus it may take a little longer for them to reply here. Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

    Cheers,
    Majid

  • Lindeni Mahlalela

    Hello Adam

    I hope you are doing great today. I am so sorry for the delayed response from our side and hope we will be able to resolve this soon.

    I have noticed that you previously granted support access but it seems to be expired now so I can't login to your website to check this issue. Would you please grant support access again so we can have a closer look.

    I have logged into your FTP to check the log file if there is anything related to Snapshot, it seems the only thing I found is this:

    PHP Warning: fopen(<WP_CONTENT_DIR>/uploads/snapshots/snapshot-extreme-xxxxxx.zip?dl=0): failed to open stream: Invalid argument in <PLUGINS_DIR>\snapshot\lib\Snapshot\Helper\Utility.php on line 1966

    Checking the code and searching online I found that this might be due to the way PHP handles files on the Windows platform, specifically this describes it from the PHP documentation:

    On the Windows platform, be careful to escape any backslashes used in the path to the file, or use forward slashes.

    that debug entry is dated 1 May 2018, could this be directly related to this issue? SInce this is related to PHP, it looks like we can fix it on the code so I have rewritten the local_file variable so that the path contains forward slashes and here is what I have changed on the file:

    /snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php

    I have added two functions at the bottom two check and rewrite the URL as suggested in the fopen function documentation then I have added the line:

    $local_file = $this->maybe_rewite_file_path( $local_file );

    At the top of the function:
    remote_url_to_local_file( $remote_url, $local_file ) {}

    Please test again with this fix applied and let us know the results, it will be better if you grant support access again so we can test from our side.

    I have also checked the backup mentioned by the debug logs, is it the backup you want to restore or it is another one? It seems this backups is small and corrupt and may cause more issues if restored as it seems to be damaged/incomplete. If you were moving from another site, please regenerate a new backup using the latest version of your site to make sure everything is there. I tried fixing the zip file and I got this: 'zip warning: zip file empty'.

    Please confirm if you still need help with this issue and grant support access so we can continue to troubleshoot this. I hope to hear back from you soon, please let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be happy to help.

    Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.