Managed Backup is not working

I have scheduled managed backup for daily basis, but it stopped after 10th Oct. Details are on chat.

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Michel !

I've run some tests on your website and the backup is actually finishing succesfully "but" the problem is with your server's cURL as far as I can see. I've run some basic WordPress tests as well and cURL returns this error:

Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Now if cURL doesn't run correctly then WP_Cron isn't as well. WP_Cron are all the scheduled tasks for WordPress that need to run at certain times. Snapshot is using WP_Cron to upload the files into our servers for the Managed Backups. So practically even though the backups are made they just stay on your server because the upload process isn't starting.

Now cURL can be a server-side issue , so you can inform your Hosting Provider about this giving them the above error as well so they can check it out if there's any issues or updates needed.

Or it can be cause by another plugin that cuts off WordPress when it's trying to contact 'itself' basically as that's how WP_Cron works. This can be tested by doing a Conflict test and that means disabling all plugins and going back to a default theme like TwentySeventeen and trying to get another backup again to see if that succeeds. Then you enable 1 plugin at a time and re-start a backup until one fails to identify which plugin/theme might be causing the issue.

This is not an easy nor quick process and since this is a Live site either you'll have to make it, or I can do it for you but be aware that your website won't be functioning properly until the tests are done.

Tell me how do you want us to proceed with this so I can help as much as possible.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.