Managed Backup isn't working

Snapshots Managed Backup is not backing up, and gives an "Aw Shucks" error message. Tried plugin conflict test, increased the memory limit. Still it didn't help.

I'm able to notice the following error in the console:

http://www.stylexxxxxx.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 404 (Not Found)

Was able to notice issue with S2 Framework plugin, however disabling all the plugins didn't help much. Needs to give a closer look. Support access enabled.

• Sajid

Hello Don Martin,
    Hope you are doing good today

Thanks for keeping the support staff access open. I can see this issue on your site as stated by Nithin already in the topic above.

It appears that your server is handle to handle the backup request and in result giving 404 error to AJAX request that suppose to complete the backup.

To fix this issue, please apply following workaround and see if it makes any difference.

1. First thing I notice and should be taken care of is that, upload_max_filesize value is set to very low specially in comparison to other settings on your server. Please try to increase this value as well. The recommended value for this settings is 512 or 256 M. You can change this by following one of steps mentioned in this blog post.

2. Once you have it take care of and it is still not making any difference then try adding following constants/define in wp-config.php file before the line that says /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10); //default is (250)
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100); //(default is 1000)

3. If still not working, then it appears that you have a very big site with lot of files there. Or possibly have some other sites in subfolders within this site.

In this case, you have to exclude these un-necessary files and folders by giving just file names or full path in Snapshot -> Settings -> Global File Exclusion.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance and send in FTP and WordPress admin credentials directly so I could take a closer look.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Mahlamusa

Hello Don Martin,

I hope you are doing great today.

Thank you very much for granting staff access to your website but unfortunately this is not enough to troubleshoot the issue on your website as we need to access the files of your website and turn on debugging and other things.

Can you please send in the credentials as requested by Sajid above so that we can troubleshoot this in the best way we can.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Once we have this we will continue doing what we can to solve this issue.

Thank you for working with us in solving this.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa