Managed Backup not running.

I would like to know why Managed Backup is not running on my site, it always fails. Thank you in advance.

• Mohammad Sharab

Hey Michael,

hope you are having a great day.

I’ve checked your site and performed the following:

- tried to create a managed backup but it keeps loading on 1%

- So I increased the memory_limit PHP variable (to 1024MB) and also added the following constants to your wp-config.php to tweak the Snapshot settings:

// Snapshot settings - start
        define('SNAPSHOT_MB_BREADTH_FIRST', true);
        define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
        define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
        define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
        define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
        define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS',true);
        define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
        define('SNAPSHOT_BACKTRACE_ALL', true);
        // Snapshot settings - end

- Then I run a managed backup, this time progress reached 50% then give out OTHER KIND OF BACKUP ERROR

- I tried to check your system info (PHP settings, Max execution time & memory limits) to know if my changes are applied or not but I couldn’t as the user account I am using can’t access WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin where I can check the System Info.

- I made an attempt to check PHP setting manually by creating phpinfo() file using FTP but the FTP user account provided doesn’t have the permission "You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance. "

- I’ve enabled debug to check potential errors by adding the following in your wp-config file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

but unfortunately you debug.log file is very large that I couldn’t download it via FTP and I couldn’t create a fresh one because I don’t have permission to rename/change files.

To have a better look on your issue would you please send me you cPanel logins and FTP logins with the permission to rename/change files.

As this is a public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Mohammad Sharab"
    - (S)FTP credentials for file access (host/username/password/path of the website in question)
    - server panel/cPanel/Plesk/phpMyAdmin credentials for database access (login URL/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (e.g. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/example-topic)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Also in order to make sure this issue isn't caused by any other plugin/the theme, I'd recommend you to run a plugin/theme conflict test. Could you please proceed with a conflict test as follows?

Deactivate all plugins except Snapshot, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen, clear all caches and check again if the issue is still there. If not, it means that something is conflicting, so start activating the remaining plugins and theme, one by one this time, checking every time for the reported issue, until you reproduce the issue, thus finding the conflicted combination. The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If this is a live website with traffic, I'd rather advise to create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, and perform the test in there instead without worrying about the live site. Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.